Alyson Miers, alternately known in some quarters as Red Monster, is a writer, crafter and smartass of the liberal feminist American persuasion. Her blog categories can be defined as follows:
- Bi-Yotch: anything having to do with gender, sex or LGBT issues.
- Citizen Red: pertaining to politics or international issues.
- Crafty Monster: my thoughts on knitting, crochet, and any other hobbies I happen to pursue.
- Etiquette: fairly self-explanatory.
- It’s All About Me!: if you can’t be self-absorbed on your blog, then why bother having one?
- Little Red Writing Hood: about writing, stuff Alyson has written, and language.
- Monstrous Little Heathen: anything pertaining to religion, secularism, and the struggle between the two.
- Science Groupie: fairly self-explanatory.
The Monster’s current tasks, when she is not updating her blog, include holding down her day job, trying to promote her first novel (see: Books), writing subsequent novels, and annoying her family. Blog updates can be anywhere from once every three days to three times per day. She has been known to refer to herself in the third person.